After the outage, Musk said Tesla spent $500 million on charging the network

After the outage, Musk said Tesla spent $500 million on charging the network

Tesla ( TSLA.O ) will spend more than $500 million this year to expand its fast-charging network, Chief Executive Officer Elon Musk said on Friday, days after abruptly laying off workers running the business.

“Just to reiterate: Tesla will spend more than $500M expanding our Supercharger network to create thousands of NEW chargers this year,” Musk said in a post on his X social media platform.

“That’s just on new sites and expansions, not counting operating costs, which are much higher,” he said.

After last week’s shutdown, Musk said Tesla plans to expand its Supercharger network but at a slower pace for new locations. The EV maker has adopted Tesla’s North American Charging Standard, bringing the company’s supercharger closer to becoming an industry standard at the expense of its rival Combined Charging System.

However, Musk’s decision to stop the electric vehicle charging team is crawling plans to launch new fast charging stations and may delay President Joe Biden’s efforts to electrify US highways.

The Biden administration has donated $5 billion to states over five years to build 500,000 EV chargers as part of the National Electric Vehicle Infrastructure program, and Tesla has been among the biggest winners of those federal funds so far.

About Kepala Bergetar

Kepala Bergetar Kbergetar Live dfm2u Melayu Tonton dan Download Video Drama, Rindu Awak Separuh Nyawa, Pencuri Movie, Layan Drama Online.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *